Thursday, January 15, 2009

A New Journey

I have begun a new journey tonight. I quested deep inside my soul and explored every nook and cranny of my think tank (my brain) and pulled out an idea that I knew I wanted to follow through with: The Chronicles of Nostalgia.

Some of you might be thinking, "that's the cheesiest name for a blog I have ever seen." Personally, I think it's rather awesome and actually creative, if I don't say so myself. In fact, it's so creative I'm the only person in North America to use it on the public forum we call the internet and just the second person on Planet Earth. That's right. I Googled the shit out of it. Quotations around the phrase, brackets, the whole shabang and sure enough only one person, located in India, beat me to the punch. However, that person only used it in a blog post title. Obviously, I am making much better use of the phrase as it will be the title of my entire web-journal-ey.

Now I'm sure you're at the edge of your seats thinking, "this is a really uncomfortable way to sit on a chair", so I will try to explain briefly what I plan to do with this blog:

First and foremost, I shall get any references to "The Chronicles of Narnia" out of the way right this instant, and never make them again. It's not that I don't like the Narnia series. I just don't want ten-year olds googling it and coming across this blog. It's my sole duty to society to keep them away from here.

At any rate, surely you can view 'nostalgia' as my far out land that I created. Only I'm Brian, not a Lion and this land consists of me, and my nostalgic stories. Unfortunately, the only talking animal will be me and the only magic will come from you clicking the X in the upper right hand corner after you're done reading (or before then, if you truly don't like a thing you see here) to make this all disappear. I would love to think that the magic exists within a group of my words we call phrases and sentences, but I don't claim to be C.S. Lewis; I only envy him. Although I do hope one day this turns into a book and I sell over a hundred million different copies in forty-some different languages. That would be cute.

Good will certainly battle evil on this land, as I have tons of conflicting thoughts running rampantly through my head. There is no telling whether or not my life's innermost details will be regurgitated coherently (good) or gibberishly (bad). That's what is so great about writing: It's like drinking outdated milk. You never know what will come out of it, but you need your fix of nourishment. Writing is my fix, but doing it could result in one of two things (like drinking outdated milk): pure satisfaction from a gutsy, yet smooth digestion or messy, messy diarrhea. Diarrhea of the mouth, of course.

Terrible analogy aside, I will try and evolve the chronicles into different chapters. My childhood, high school, college, and post-college appear to be the most generic and obvious chapters of a normal American's life. I'll come up with something good for each to make it a little more original than that though.

In the meantime, bare with me as I get intergalactic nostalgic on all your asses.

No comments:

Post a Comment